12th June 2020
Which retailers are now open at Mailbox?
The following retailers and venues are now open. Please refer back to this page or follow us on social media for further updates. Opening hours may vary and change at short notice, please check with stores and venues directly before you travel.
Fashion and Lifestyle
- BOSS, 10am – 6pm, Monday to Saturday, 11am – 5pm, Sunday
- Calvin Klein, 10am – 6pm, Monday to Saturday, 11am – 5pm, Sunday
- Gieves & Hawkes, 12pm – 6pm, Thursday to Saturday
- H20, 8am – 6pm, Monday to Wednesday, 8am – 6pm, Thursday to Saturday, 10am – 5pm, Sunday
- James Lakeland, 12pm – 6pm, Thursday to Saturday
- Ribble Cycles, 10am – 6pm Monday to Saturday, 11am – 5pm, Sunday
- Tommy Hilfiger, 10am – 6pm Monday to Friday, 11:30 – 6:30 Saturday, 11am – 5pm on Sunday
- Everyman Cinema
- Paul Smith, 11am-5pm, Tuesday to Saturday
Home & Interiors
- Castle Fine Art, 11am – 5pm, Monday to Sunday
- Kitchen Gallery, by appointment only
Food & Drink
The following restaurants are now open/delivering.
- Indico, open every day 12pm – 10pm
- Miller & Carter, 12pm – 10pm, Monday to Thursday and Sunday, 12pm – 10pm, Friday to Saturday
- Aluna, Mon – Fri, 12pm – 10pm, Sat – Sun 11am – 10pm
- Caffè Nero, open every day 8am – 6pm
- Starbucks, Malmaison Mon – Fri 7am – 3pm, Sat 8am – 4pm
- Starbucks AC Hotel, Mon – Fri 8am – 4pm
- Zizzi, open Mon – Sat 11:30am – 10pm, Sun 11:30am – 10pm
- Cote Brasserie open Mon – Thurs 12pm – 9pm, Fri 12pm – 10pm, Saturday 10am – 10pm, Sun 10am – 9pm. Côte Brasserie also offers Côte at Home deliveries
- Bar Estilo, open Mon-Sat 12pm – 10pm, Sun 12pm – 9pm
- Gas Street Social, open Thurs – Fri, 12pm – 10pm, Sat 10am – 10pm, Sun 10am – 7pm
- Chez Mal, Mon – Fri 6pm – 10pm, Sat 12:30pm – 3pm, 5pm – 10pm, Sun 1pm – 3pm, 6pm – 10pm
- Nandos, Mon – Sun 11:30am – 9pm
- Harvey Nichols, 11am – 6pm Monday – Wednesday, 11am – 7pm Thursday – Saturday, 11am – 5pm on Sunday
- Toni & Guy Essensuals, by appointment only
- Nicky Clarke, by appointments only
- James Bushell by appointments only
- AC Hotel
Will the Mailbox’s opening hours change?
In line with the latest government guidelines, our restaurants and bars are now open until 10pm. Whether you’re looking for Italian, Indian or Spanish cuisine, there’s something for every taste. Booking in advance is advised.
The opening hours for individual retailers may vary from before lockdown. Please contact specific brands for further information.
Q-Park car park will remain open for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Has the Mailbox introduced any new measures to keep visitors safe?
We are doing everything we can to make sure the Mailbox is a safe place to visit, work and live, so you will notice a number of changes on your visit.
New social distancing and safety measures have now been introduced, which include:
- A one-way system to manage the flow of visitors through the centre
- Clear social distancing signage and guidance
- Carefully managed visitor numbers and queuing systems
- Sanitising stations with automatic dispensers at key locations
- Public announcements to support social distancing on the shopping malls
- Mailbox Guest Hosts providing social distancing and hygiene guidance and support
- An enhanced cleaning regime across the centre including all touch points
- Reduced seating in mall areas
We encourage everyone to play their part too, and help us to reduce transmission of the virus by carefully following the instructions and guidance provided throughout the centre.
In line with current government guidelines, visitors to the Mailbox will need to wear face coverings in our stores and while you move around the centre.
From 24 September, face coverings will also need to be worn in all hospitality venues, including bars and restaurants, unless you are seated for food or drink. This includes when buying takeaway food or drink, and whilst waiting to be seated. For more information, click here.
If you are displaying any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19, please stay at home.
View the Mailbox’s ‘Staying Covid Secure’ details here: Mailbox Staying Covid Secure Poster
Will I be able to use the Mailbox toilets?
We have been carefully following official advice, and our public washroom facilities are open on Level 2. To ensure that these are safe to use, we have enhanced our cleaning regimes within these areas and some toilet facilities have been taken out of use to adhere to social distancing guidelines. We ask that visitors wash their hands thoroughly.
Washroom facilities on Level 1 and the shower blocks on Lower Ground level of the car park will remain closed for the time being.
Do I need to wear a face mask/face covering?
In line with current government guidelines, visitors to the Mailbox will need to wear face coverings at all times when moving around the centre.
From 24 September, visitors will be required by law to wear a face covering in bars and restaurants, with the exception of when seated for food or drink. This includes when buying takeaway food or drink, and whilst waiting to be seated.
Children under 11 and those with certain disabilities are exempt from these guidelines. Thank you for helping to keep our colleagues and those around you safe while you shop.
Will I still be able to park at the Mailbox?
Q-Park has remained open as usual throughout the lockdown period, and will continue to conduct stringent cleaning regimes to ensure parking facilities are safe to use.
For more information on how Q-Park is responding to Covid-19, please visit www.q-park.co.uk
Will visitors have a time limit before they have to leave?
No, however we will be carefully monitoring the number of visitors inside the Mailbox, which will be supported by new retailer queuing systems and a one-way flow through the centre. Please adhere to all social distancing guidelines when you visit the Mailbox, and follow the instructions provided.
Are you implementing a rule of one customer per family or can we visit together?
We want to ensure that the Mailbox experience is as enjoyable as possible for everyone, so we ask that you try to limit the numbers in your group when you visit the centre, and do not meet with people from other households in a group of more than six.
Children are welcome with an accompanying adult, but will also be expected to follow our social distancing guidelines.
Our colleagues will monitor capacity within the centre carefully to ensure that it is safe and you are able to shop responsibly. Please remember to maintain a 2 metre distance between anyone outside of your group as much as possible.
What steps will be taken if people do not observe social distancing guidelines?
Security teams and Guest Hosts will be advising all visitors on the new social distancing guidelines that have been introduced, and will be reminding people to maintain a safe distance from other visitors. We have also installed safety information throughout the centre, which will be widely visible and available, and anyone who refuses to meet these guidelines will asked to leave the centre.
If we feel that people are deliberately breaking the guidelines and risking the safety of those around them, our colleagues will not hesitate to take the appropriate action. The Mailbox will not tolerate the actions of any individual who potentially threatens the safety of others.
Have staff been specially trained to manage this new way of shopping?
All of our staff have been trained to ensure that they are aware of the new safety and hygiene measures.
Will Mailbox staff and guest hosts be supplied with PPE?
Where Mailbox colleagues are already using PPE in their work to protect against non-COVID-19 risks, they will continue to do so.
Will Mailbox be providing PPE for visitors?
We won’t be supplying PPE for our visitors, as this is not currently a requirement by the government. All Mailbox visitors are welcome to wear their own face coverings and gloves.
Will you be temperature checking people as they come into the centre?
Temperature checking is not currently part of the government’s guidelines. However, please be reassured that we are doing everything we can to make sure the Mailbox is a safe place to live, visit and work.
If you do feel unwell or are showing any of the symptoms related to Covid-19, please do not visit the centre. We need your help to ensure that everyone is as safe as possible and can continue to enjoy their Mailbox experience.