28th April 2016
You don’t have to go away to make the most of a bank holiday weekend, as we highlight the best things to enjoy right here in Birmingham. From food and drink, to shopping and beauty, we’ve got your guide to a Mailbox bank holiday whatever the weather.
1. It’s the most important meal of the day, so start your bank holiday in style at Gas Street Social. Open from 10am with everything from eggs and sarnies to a full English or the social breakfast made to share, you can even wash it down with a brunch cocktail.
3. The Mailbox is home to some of the best names in luxury shopping, making it the perfect place to enjoy a well deserved shopping spree. Pay a visit to the new Armani Collezioni store, explore timeless classics at BOSS or see top tailoring at Gieves & Hawkes. All stores are open until 5pm on bank holiday Sunday and Monday, with Harvey Nichols staying open until 6pm on Monday too.
4. Book a canalside meal and take your taste buds on a tour with cuisines from around the world. Browse the menus at Côte Brasserie, Bar Estilo and Miller & Carter or take your pick from our other bars and restaurants; there’s something for every taste.
5. There’s a film for everyone at the Mailbox’s luxury cinema, Everyman. Parents can entertain the young ones with Pixar’s Finding Dory; for those looking for a blockbuster – Suicide Squad is still showing; and for those who need a Bank Holiday laugh, David Brent – Life On The Road will tick that box. Book a sofa, grab your popcorn and immerse yourself in the silver screen.
6. They say bank holidays are the perfect time to do some DIY, but take home improvement to a whole new level with a visit to Castle Fine Art. Find that perfect finishing touch for your home from the new Marvel Superhero collection or a truly modern Marilyn Monroe piece.
7. Sunday lunch at Chez Mal @ Malmaison offers a roast like no other. They boast the ‘biggest Sunday lunch in town’, with unlimited hors d’oeuvres from the Chef’s Table and indulgent main courses, what’s not to like?
8. It might be a long weekend of rest for most, but bank holiday or not, footballers still have to turn up for ‘work’. Head to Pennyblacks and sit beneath the giant screen if you don’t want to miss a minute of Super Sunday.
9. Whether it’s catching up with friends over cocktails or enjoying date night canalside, there’s plenty of places to enjoy a drink this bank holiday. Aluna offers an array of speciality cocktails, so watch as the expert mixologists bring your drink to life with the signature Aluna dose of dramatics.
10. Make the most of your long weekend and book some rest & relaxation at Malmaison Spa. With aromatherapy, full body massages and lunch, you can fully unwind before you have to think about work again.