House Keeping 16 Hours a week
Saturday & Sunday 0500 – 1300hrs
Reports to: Housekeeping Supervisor
Business Area/Function: Services – Shopping Centre (commercial)
MITIE is committed to leading our sector in sustainability. Our employees have a collective responsibility to work in a sustainable and efficient manner helping to minimise our impact on the environment whilst contributing benefits for our clients, colleagues and the community. Employees have a responsibility not to cause harm to ourselves or to others in our efforts to make safety personal. All employees are expected to work within our Sustainability and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
The post holder shall be responsible for the delivery of day-to-day undertaking of Housekeeping Services at Mailbox in Birmingham.
The primary purpose of the role is directly responsible for the delivery of Housekeeping services across the Mailbox estate, supporting key commercial occupiers at the Mailbox in Birmingham.
The post holder will be responsible to the Housekeeping Supervisor of the day.
- Maintain regular contact the site team
- Deal with any issues efficiently and in a professional manner, referring to Duty Manager where appropriate
- Ensure that cleaning is delivered to the expected and agreed standard
- Provide technical training as and when required for all cleaning staff and liaise with Duty Manager for additional training
- Monitor and review cleaning staff performance
- Take ownership of Health & Safety for yourself and others at work
- Ensure all Health & Safety procedures are followed and encourage safe working practices at all times
- Ensure that all cleaning tasks are carried out in accordance with the specification
- Ensure cleaning staff understand and work to task schedules
- Ensure the effective use of equipment and materials
- Monitor the use of materials and order stocks as necessary
- Report all machinery faults
- Ensure that cleaning operatives are working the correct hours
- Ensure uniform adheres to the correct standards of cleanliness and repair
- Ensure that machinery, equipment and cleaning cupboard are kept in a clean and tidy state
- To use a time and attendance system to record working hours
Knowledge skills & experience
- Have previous Housekeeping experience
- Be reliable and hardworking with a professional attitude
- Be able to work to a schedule on their own initiative
- Have good communication skills
- Maintain and where possible enhance the Housekeeping and safety of our customers their staff, visitors, contractors and working colleagues
- Protect the assets of the client by following site procedures and being aware of best practice
- Ensure the Housekeeping and safety of the facility
- Effectively organise and manage workloads as required without compromising the quality of the service provision
- Respond to emergencies and assist with the evacuation and searching of the facility by following all requirements of the site JLL Emergency Response procedure
Qualifications or Required Experience:
Professional experience and knowledge acquired through previous experience in a fast-paced customer focused Housekeeping role. To provide the highest level of customer service ensuring consistently emotionally engaging experiences within the front of house area for all customers, visitors and occupiers.
- Excellent communication skills essential
- Ability to work independently, remaining focused and motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be committed to health & safety and ensure that you are familiar with all Mailbox – Birmingham and MITIE health & safety policies and procedures. Police and encourage observance with all site security & safety policies, in particular ensuring that the health & safety, access control, key control, and site smoking policies are observed and enforced
- Perform at the start/end of each tour of duty verification checks of all the Housekeeping equipment located within the areas of work ensuring that all systems are fully operational and where they are not, initiate corrective action
- Respond to all incidents in a timely and effective manner by managing the activities of all affected persons, always aimed to safeguard the assets of the customer
- Maintain all required records as directed by line management to ensure that full transparency of events and their handling is possible
- Act responsibly when receiving and holding all site keys
- Manage a polite and effective meet and greet service to all staff, customers and visitors of Mailbox – Birmingham whilst strictly observing access control procedures.
- Report building/equipment fault reports where appropriate escalating to the account manager where necessary – this may necessitate additional support calls being logged with MITIE PCC
- Follow any such reasonable instruction as issued all managers.
- Assist with the ‘induction of visitors’ where practicable (non-peak times)
- Receipt of inbound and deliveries – cross check documentation with delivery driver and liaise with Operations
- Expected to cover planned and unplanned absence
To apply please send a CV to Tom Kingsbury at [email protected]