As an iconic destination in the heart of Birmingham, we have a vision to ensure that we deliver outstanding environmental sustainability performance, focus on the health and wellbeing of our community, and play an active role in our diverse city region.
Sustainability & Environment
Our award-winning building is one of the largest mixed-use schemes in the UK, and our environmental sustainability vision is underpinned by five core principles:
- To protect the environment by reducing our carbon footprint
- To reduce the environmental impact of our operational activities through the effective management of our Estate
- To create and maintain a positive environmental sustainability culture
- To maximise the positive impact of our sustainability actions through effective communication, collaboration and partnership
- To fulfil all environmental compliance obligations and seek to exceed regulatory requirements where possible
Health & Wellness
Mailbox is proud to provide a high quality environment for our occupiers and visitors to enjoy, whether they are here for work or leisure. Our picturesque canalside setting is host to a wide range of events across the year for the benefit of those who live, work and play at Mailbox, and our vision is to develop a diverse programme of activities that will make the most of our inspiring indoor and outdoor spaces to promote health and wellbeing.
In 2021 we were proud to be voted as one of the Top 5 Breathing Spaces in Birmingham by the Taskforce for Lung Health.
The Mailbox Community
Community is at the heart of the Mailbox, from those who work and live here to the guests that visit us, and we are committed to playing an active role in the wider communities of Birmingham and the West Midlands.
We are continually developing opportunities to bring our Mailbox community closer together, from on-site events to communications platforms, to ensure that everyone benefits from all of the new developments and opportunities that are happening at Mailbox, and on our doorstep.
Mailbox supports a wide range of important causes and organisations each year. In 2021, Mailbox played host to the inaugural Birmingham Women’s and Children’s Hospital Charity Dragon Boat Race, which raised over £110,000. We are also proud supporters of Suited For Success.